6th grade 8th grade
7th grade (last names M-Z) 7th grade (last names A-L)
As School Counselors at Barber Middle School, the standard is to provide high quality, comprehensive counseling services to the entire student body. We are dedicated to helping foster development in the areas of academic, social, career, and personal growth of the scholars so that they may become productive and responsible citizens. Through strategic planning, personal intervention, and timely response to services, we are committed to using innovative approaches to customize learning experiences in order to enrich capabilities, close achievement gaps among high and low performing groups, and support positive decision making and self-concept. The School Counseling Program is based on developmental concepts, theories, and recognizes the strengths of each individual. The program is preventative and proactive; it encourages students, staff, and the community to appreciate the contributions, rights, and responsibilities of themselves and others. As School Counselors, we believe:
1. All students can achieve at high levels.
2. Every student is valuable and is treated with dignity and respect.
3. All students will have access to high quality school counseling services, provided by full-time
licensed, professional school counselors.
4. All students' ethnic, cultural, racial differences are considered in the design and delivery of
school counseling services.
5. All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.